Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I couldn't be happier July is over. The weather was great, but that's about it. We Bartons had some life changing events go on, and could use a break. I keep wondering what God has planned through all of this. Maybe it's to draw us closer to Him, or maybe it's to use these events for His purpose in the near/far future (duh and duh). As much as I am all for that, and I totally am, I could use a bit of an emotional time-out to reflect and gain some perspective. Between learning about Roman's food allergies, deciding it was best for him if I quit breastfeeding (hardest/saddest decision ever), renting our house out, needing to pack it all up and store it before we head to Texas on August 19th -less than 2 weeks from-, move into my (fabulous) in-laws house, missing spending time with my amazing, hard-working husband, and dealing with some other family issues, it has been a rollercoster ride of a month.

Between my last post and this one, I decided to try cutting out milk, egg and peanuts from my diet. after spending an afternoon crying over the fact that I was no longer going to nurse my sweet baby boy. Jeff, the sweet, caring man that he is, encouraged me to try the diet, and that he'd do it with me. Oh how relieved I felt. Until I realized how hard it actually was going to be. I spent 2 1/2 days not eating. Eliminating dairy is one thing, but eggs and peanuts too? My problem is that I am a snacker and on such a diet, you have to cook pretty much everything you eat, so, there is nothing to just grab and go. Needless to say, saturday, august 1st was my last day nursing Roman. :( Its been hard adjusting. I had an evening of tears, and occasional bouts of sadness, but it's getting better. Roman is taking to the formula much better (he hated it at first...don't blame him) and doesn't seem to mind as much that he can't nurse to sleep anymore. It's been easier for me now that he drinks his formula without a fight, too.

Roman and I head to Texas in 11 short days! woot woot! super excited to see my best friend, Erika! It's been 6 months...FAR to long! Jeff will drive Ro and I to Omaha in the weeeee early hours of the morning and our flight leaves around 11am! We don't really have any plans as far as 'seeing Texas', we just mainly wanna hang out with Erika, Chad and sweet baby Caillet (roman's girlfriend....tori... ;)) We'll be there for a week, and when we get back....
We move into my in-laws house!! Roman also has his 9 month dr. appt that friday, the 28th. Can't believe my baby is going to be 9 months old.

Pretty sure August is going to fly. Which I don't mind so much, I guess. Well, that's enough wordiness for now! lata!

No comments: