Wednesday, September 21, 2011

according to roman

{at the lunch table}

R: there's a bird pooping on us! remember we talked about that?  (fake laugh, fake laugh, fake laugh)

------

R: Guess what, mom?
Me: what?
R: chicken buuuuttttt! ha ha ha ha!

------

R: hold on to your butts! and horses tail!

------

{While praying before bed}

Me: Roman, what should we pray about?
R: umm, nuh-sing.
Me: whatever! What are you thankful for? what makes you happy?
R: ummm, kitty cats.
Me: we prayed about that last night. what else makes you happy?
R: bee-nanas. apples, oranges
Me: pick something else
R: okaaaaay. um...Christmas!
Me: oooo, good one!

-------

{After BSF}

Me: Roman! did you know that God gave us the Holy Spirit to LIVE in our hearts? Isn't that awesome!
R: Yes!! But I want to hold one.
Me: you want to hold the Holy Spirit?
R: Yes! Please!
Me: well, it's not something you can hold. It's just in your body.
R: But I want to! I want grandpa to go buy one for me!

-------


R: {gasp!} Mom! What are you wearing?!
Me: My new shirt! Do you like it?
R: no, I don't like it. It's grumpy.

-------


Eating breakfast:

Jeff: 'What are you thinking about, Roman?'
R:  'um, Maverick and Gus. And my bed and spaceship. And cherries.'
R: ' hey mom, I'm pretending to be a baby.'
(I'm poking around on the computer)
R: Mom! I'm pretending to be a baby! Listen to me, mom! Listen to me!'

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I want to see your grumpy shirt! haha