Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Painting!

It hasn't been too exciting with the Barton's lately. Roman and I have been sick for probably the last 3 1/2 weeks. boo! He started off with a dry cough, which led to a runny nose, which led to congestion, which let to a deep, horrible chest cough (so much so that he would gag sometimes he'd cough so hard), which led to mommy getting a head cold that turned sinus infection in the last week, which has been AWESOME. So we've been laying low. Really, really low. And since we haven't really left the house but a handful of times, I've had some, okay, a ton of extra time on my hands. And just what did I do with that time? Painted our pumpkins!


So, obviously I didn't paint the orange pumpkins. And there is another white pumpkin painted, but I haven't figured out what to design to put on it yet. I got the idea from a girl I used to work with at my old salon down in Urbandale. Love it! I'm quite the amateur, and am pretty sure these look way better in my head, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Those are so cool! Now I want to do that with Ki because I'm lazy and don't want to carve. Haha!

Mandi said...

Oooh, I love yours!! I don't do carving pumpkins well, so I was telling the boys that we'd paint ours this year too! Although, living in an apartment and having it so wet outside allows for little motivation cause there's no where to put them OUT and display them! Oh well, they're fun in the house anyway!