Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Moment of Self Pity (just let me have it...)

I'm becoming increasingly mentally exhausted. By nothing other than the fact that my sweet little boy has these tremendously annoying food allergies. Why did he get them!? I have found myself, lately, asking God this question. Followed by, I can't do this anymore! Not that I want to feed my child nasty (and not so nasty :)) processed food, but it sure would be nice to just feed him whatever I want to! Finding food that the 3 of us enjoy is becoming so difficult!! I miss tasting. I miss the stress-less-ness of being able to give Roman any kind of food. -not that we really had that pleasure to begin with. I, in a way, resent (for lack of a better word) the fact that so many of my friends have it 'easy' in the feeding their child department. (which is a sin, I know. I'll repent later) ;)

I try to have a positive attitude, and I think I accomplish that pretty well for the most part. But one can only take so much, right? You've been in that kind of situation, haven't you? Where you're adjusting okay, coping okay, and then one day you just can't deal with it anymore! The stress alone of feeding you baby the right foods to begin with is overwhelming. But when you have to avoid: milk, egg, peanut, soy, pineapple, mango, peaches, peas, butternut/yellow/acorn squash + others, what does that leave you? To all you great cooks out there, what a blessing it is to cook with ease. Make sure to count it as one!!

If you remember, please pray that Roman will outgrow ALL of his allergies. Jeff and I pray for him everyday. I know God can make it happen, and I really hope it's in His will.

Okay, there. I had my moment. Thanks for reading my whiny post. Here's something to put a smile on your face :)
He was actually really looking at the toys on in the ad. It was hilarious!

3 comments:

dannyandjessie said...

Oh Sarah. I'm so sorry, I'll remember to pray for you just as much as for him! If I find any ideas i'll let you know. Hang in there, you're doing a fantastic job!

me said...

praying for you! :) that picture of him ready the magazine is stink'n amazing

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I came through Tiffany's blog :) Have you looked into homeopathy to reverse the allergies? I know someone who **may** be able to help. It might be a long process,I'm not 100% sure what the treatment entails. If you want more info you can email me - tracidoak@gmail.com
Praying for your family! It has to be tough, I think self pity is allowed now and then. We're only human. :)
Have a great day!