Friday, January 14, 2011

s.o.s.

There is a problem in the Barton home. You see, we....
...are not getting much sleep, especially at night. His naps are quite short too. I can't figure out why! Viggo was sleeping through the night (on his own accord) probably by three months. I thought I was golden. And then a little thing called dry air got him all stuffy and he hasn't slept all night since. (Yes, we do run a humidifier.)

So now here's what our schedule looks like: he eats his dinner around 6 and I try to have him in bed for the night between 6:30 and 7pm. After a couple hours of slumber he awakens and appears to be in some kind of gassy pain and wont fall back asleep without nursing. A couple hours later...same thing. And on and on and on. I'm not eating dairy or peanut & limiting my egg intake. This last week I cut out caffeine to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. I give him gripe water often too and that seems to work temporarily. I don't know what else to do, and I can't figure out if it's something I'm eating still (wheat mostly...) or if he's just in a bad habit and I have to break him of it...which would totally stink...as I'm not a huge fan of letting my babies fuss for long periods of time.

Anyway. Advice...go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was this the corn/veggie intolerace you were talking about?