Monday, December 5, 2011

i made that {coat rack}

Okay, I didn't really make this one. My husband did. I, however, did have the vision for it. :)

Our entryway was b.o.r.i.n.g. and we needed a coat rack of sorts, but I wasn't finding anything I loved anywhere (yeah...even pinterest wasn't giving me anything!) Sorry, no before photo. Just imagine a blank white wall.  I had some old barn wood I got from a  friend of mine laying around waiting to be used for something.  Enter handy husband, plywood, drawer knobs, and barn wood.
 Jeff found some plywood at his parents house, we lined up the wood to our liking, he cut the plywood down to size, somehow fit the drawer knobs on there and screwed the whole thing to the wall.  Then he added the rest of the barn wood by nailing it to the plywood.

I am SO happy with the way it turned out!  We even made one by the back door for the boys' coats and hats too!

Now if I could figure something out for the rest of the walls on my main floor I'd be able to focus on the upstairs!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Love them! Where'd you find the doorknobs?

Mindy said...

Nice wood ;) Looks really great!