Wednesday, May 20, 2009

would you like some oatmeal?

I think i'm going to try it tomorrow. By 'it' i mean giving roman a taste of big kid food.

I'm not sure how i feel about this. Excited to embark on a new adventure with him, yes, absolutely! However. I have been nursing exclusively for the last 6 months and have loved every second of it. I'm so used to being Roman's only food source, the bond that Roman and I have from this, no one can break, and frankly nursing has saved jeff and i many pennies over the last 6 months. I just dont know if i can accept that he's growing up. ;)

Roman has shown signs he's ready for solids probably since he was 4 months, but i didn't want him to have anything until i felt his little body would be able to handle it better. 6 months is recommended now by most ped's, and though Ro isn't quite 6 months (he will be a week from thursday...which is another story for me), he get's frustrated when you eat in front of him and dont give him any. Like today. Jeff was eating a bag of bbq chips and roman was STARING him down and eventually let out a squak cause he wanted them too! His tongue reflex has been gone for quite a while (the one where he pushes it out before starts sucking), and he's just grabbing absolutely everything now! So i feel confident that he's ready, i just dont know if i'm ready. 

This must be how it feels to 'let go' a little bit, eh? I'm not good at letting go. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Jeff was eating BBQ chips in front of me I'D stare him down :-) Love me some BBQ chips :-) Hope it goes well!