Thursday, July 2, 2009

shame on you string bikini's

I took my little sister (almost 13) to wal-mart today to exchange a couple swimsuits she had because they were too 'adult.' When I say adult, I mean VERY adult. The designs were cute, but they were stringy. My mom instructed me to help her pick out an age appropriate bikini, and preferably a one-piece. Not a problem. Right?

Nope. Huge problem! My sister needs the top to have lining, but she is so petite that she can still fit into a girls size 12, or something. The problem was this: all the girls' suits were really stupid. the 2 pieces were not lined, and the one-pieces were pretty much all spongebob squarepants. who would wear that?!?!?! So, we decided to see what the ladies department had. All they had were string bikini's!! I was SO irritated! Soooo immodest! I would NOT have my 12 year old sister wearing something like that. Target would for sure have something better, yes?! NO! It was the SAME problem there too!

I feel the need to protect my sister's innocence. This world is so ready to gobble her up and brain wash her thinking and it disgusts me. I want her to desire to live a Godly life and that means modesty! (*i asked her if she knew what modesty was and she said no, so I explained it to her*). Therefore, I'm going to find a suit for her. :)