Wednesday, October 13, 2010

enjoying the small things

It's been a challenging 10 weeks and I've been trying to focus on what's good. Here is what I'm loving.

new fall nail polish.
Berry Hard is the name. I.Love.It. Thank you, Target for carrying some great nail polish.

holiday candles.
Picked up this beauty at TJMaxx this weekend. The warm scent of pear is now filling my the Barton's home.

a very fat two month old.
This boy is happy. He smiles all the time and it melts my heart. He's around the 16 pound mark and I still need to measure how long he is...
I could snuggle him to death.


apple orchards.

 



dates with my boy.
On this particular date last week, we decided to add to or pumpkin collection. Roman took his time deciding which ones were worthy of taking home...

...and sat on them to let me know 'this was it!'

Can I get an 'Amen!' for Ziel's Pumpkin Farm! $2 pumpkins, plus 3/$1 decorative gourds and much more. Woot!


truth.
Because I need to hear it often. Postpartum depression is fantastically challenging to deal with. But there is comfort in knowing that God has given His Word and some fabulous friends to speak truth into my life during this really crappy time. :) (in a nutshell).


baby feet...especially in festive jambos.

(I know this isn't of his feet, but I couldn't help myself.)


2 comments:

Caitlin said...

First off, I absolutely adore that two of the skinniest people around make the hugest chubby babies! Love it.

Also, I think you're amazing. And cute. You're a cute momma.

danielle said...

FABULOUS post, my darling. Well done. :) Yes, I love that chunk-baby of yours...he's going to surpass Mabel in weight rather quickly! Ha! I don't know Caitlin, but she's right on. You're amazing. And cute. :)