Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloween, yo

This was the first year we participated in Trick-or-Treating. I'm not super into Halloween, but we wanted Roman to experience it and we had a great time!

Roman's really into Peter Pan so he was Captain Hook...kind of. We may watch Peter Pan once a day... He also thinks that anything with a skull and cross bone on it is Captain Hook, so I guess Viggo was also Captain Hook for Halloween.
(Every time I told him to smile, he just stuck out his tongue. )

We met up with the Vasquez clan in their old neighborhood on Maxwell. Townes was a cowboy and Finch was a bumblebee. Too cute for words I might add. It took Roman a few houses to understand what was going on. He kept trying to go inside each house as if we were just going there to play. I guess I should start teaching him about stranger danger!

Most of the candy he got he couldn't eat, but thank heaven for my thoughtful mother in law. She bought a whole bag of skittles and starbursts thinking of Roman. Love her!

We headed over to my moms after about an hour or so. She wanted to see the littles all dressed up.
Sweet Sophia was a bear and her adorable mama was Velma from Scooby Doo. Thad was supposed to be Shaggy, but was lacking inspiration and motivation, I guess.
Then yesterday we went down to South Ames in search of a Pirate Ship we had heard about. I guess this guy and his son took three years to build it. We thought Roman would love it since he adores Captain Hook. Not. He was super scared. Poor guy.
Once we left he kept saying 'I scared,' or 'dat scared me.' I felt like a terrible mama.  For the record, we didn't know there were going to be skeleton pirates. And yes, he woke up a lot last night. Oops.

We ended last night with family movie night. What movie did we watch, you ask. Peter Pan. 

1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

what cute little trick or treaters!! Love it!