Tuesday, August 16, 2011

re-prioritizing

Ever been at a point where you feel your brain is mush? The times where you really have to think what day it is?  Yeah, I'm there. Before Viggo's birthday party I felt like I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  So much planning, so much thinking, so many girls' nights. I loved it but couldn't wait for all the chaos to be over.  And now it's over and wouldn't you know, I'm bored.

But it's in these lulls that God mercifully reminds me. I often put Him on the shelf when I have other things to accomplish. Sin. My house is always messy. My cupboards are bare.  I neglect what's important.  And so, you wonder, why exactly is she blogging right now?  

After a great date night with Jeff, I decided I need to do some fasting...but not from food. Playing with my littles is far more important than sitting in front of the computer. Duh. So I was going to check out from Facebook, Pinterest & the Blog, but Jeff mentioned that blogging was still on the important-ish list. He likes the idea of being able to look back and see all that has happened and doesn't want me to stop. So, since I have his blessing, the Blog will be my only means of interneting for a while. And if I should fail {which I sure hope I don't} my rule is to have spent more time with God than online.  A dear friend presented that challenge and I like it. 

Another rule: bedtime is 10:30. Which is three minutes from now. My bed awaits. Goodnight! 

1 comment:

dannyandjessie said...

I've been praying for you all week. I'm really excited to see how God uses this time in your life. Love ya girl.