Saturday, November 26, 2011

hey there, I'm behind...gobble gobble.

ahem, I started this post, like, a month ago....

********************************************************
The boys and I were spoiled this year. We enjoyed three Thanksgiving suppers. Holla!

Part One.
Last Saturday we kicked off Turkey week and my Aunt's house in Ankeny. In years past it's been difficult to maneuver getting to all {three}sides of the family, so I was excited she was hosting another one in addition to her usual Thanksgiving Day meal. Added bonus, my mom, who always travels to Chicago with her husband for T-day, was able to enjoy a traditional meal with her side too! Side note, her husbands side eats chitlins, ham hocks and some other non-turkey-ish day food. :)
 Viggo adores books right now. And by adore I mean obsessed. I brought several books to my Aunt's house and he went from person...
...to person
...to person wanting them to read to him. I love that he has this obsession. He wasn't wanting anything to do with books for the first 14 months of his life. Then, like a light bulb, he realized the were awesome. So read we do!
 Roman was so happy to have his second cousins play 'you-be-this-guy" with him...pretty much the first half of the night.


Part Two.
On Thanksgiving Day my boys and I spent the afternoon with the Barton side. My SIL and her family from Cedar Falls joined us, as well as Grandma Toppenberg and Aunt Chris, & Uncle Jon. It was a small but large enough crowd. The cousins absolutely love playing together and the weather was unbeatable. 63 degrees? I'll take that any day! We got some great outside playing time and the oh-so-dreaded family photos. :)

the younger ones wanted out SO BADLY. So what do their older brothers do? rub.it.in. 
 ah, the stick. one of these may end up in the boys' stockings.
 poor dude. he did not want to sit next to his brother and cousin for a photo. 

Part Three.
My brother and his wife hosted Thanksgiving for the Bohn side the Saturday after T-day and it was delicious. My sister-in-law did a fabulous job on the turkey, and I brought some Pioneer Woman homemade stuffing. So good. For reals.

 this is seriously the best photo we got of all the kids with Papa. 
 Aunt Kim and the kiddos

No comments: