Wednesday, February 15, 2012

drowning in hearts.

Whew. Valentine's Day has come and gone. I took on a little more this year than I normally do. What do I typically do on this designated day for forcing love on one another? Nothing. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a hopeless romantic, just like any other girl, but I think the most romantic gestures happen unsuspectingly.  Am I right or am I right.   However, it's been brought to my attention in the last week or so, by me, that I am in a house full of men. And in my attempt to bring up these men, -making sure it's not too girly around here- I have lost my girly-ness!  So, in {another} attempt to bring it back, I dove head first into Valentine's Day crafts! Yikes.  Let me show you what I mean.

At the beginning of the month I made sugar cookies. Dozens and dozens of little heart sugar cookies. Then I realized there were still ten days until V-day, so I threw them in the freezer.

As this last weekend approached, it hit me that Valentine's Day was coming up fast and I needed to get going on things!  I saw on Pinterest, which, by the way, you can't really have a conversation with me without me saying that word, a super cute way to use bird seed. And I was trying to figure out a way to involve Roman in raising money for George. Enter super cute heart shaped bird seed feeders. 

To date, Roman as raised $58! Thank you to all who bought them from him!! That's just about two months worth of sponsorship!  God provides!  You can find the link to make them here.

The next project was super easy.  Candy Cane Hearts.  It took about 20 minutes to make and they're super cute!

And to finish it off, the frosted cookies! I was up until one in the morning packaging all these treats, and surprisingly made it through the day sans coffee. 

*****

We started the morning off right, yesterday. I woke up to a big box on the table from Zappos.com. Jeff spoiled me big time and got me my favorite kind of rain boots!
Yay for Hunter boots in the cheerful color of Lemon!
 And oh yes. Heart shaped pancakes and pink milk! Just one drop of red food coloring in some almond milk and you've got yourself a suitable drink! After breakfast the boys and I headed all over town to deliver our goodies. It took about an hour, as we had to literally drive to every corner of town. :)  I think next year I'll tone it down to just one craft. 
How was your Valentine's Day??

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

You are super momma! My kids were floored with the candy cane/chocolate hearts. :) Pretty sure there were words like amazing and delicious thrown around.