Monday, May 24, 2010

And We're Back

Whoa, it's been a while. We've just been  too busy playing outside, loading up on play dates and doing crafts lazy and un-inspired. But I'm ready to snap out of it. :)

Yesterday and today we busted out our two new sprinklers and our awesome new fish poolToday was magnificent pool weather. We are sun-kissed and worn out, thank goodness, because a certain little man decided not to nap today. .



In other news, Roman sweets is now addicted to Finding Nemo. He requests to watch it every day and unless you distract him with something else -ie. going outside- he will not stop. And to his hearts delight last week there was a gloomy morning and I let him watch it then, plus it was date night, and my precious mom watched it with him not just once, but twice. What a treat for that boy!

He is growing like a weed, too! It breaks my heart and amazes me at the same time. I can't believe he's a year and a half. He is putting two, if not three words together and there are times when it sounds like jibberish, but he knows exactly what he's trying to say. It's too cute. I wish we had our own reality show sometimes. Not ever to be aired on TV, but just our lives taped in this special, magical time so I don't forget anything! I'm going to try to investigate ways to remember these moments better. I'm thinking a yearly book for both boys will be a good start. Anyone have other suggestions?

Switching gears, before our connection group ended for the summer, I volunteered to create some sort of 'get together' schedule because we don't hang out near enough in the summer. I guess I better get on that.

I'll leave you with some fantastic unedited photos. I have to confess, I'm depressed about the lack of editing. Not because I'm too busy lazy to, but because my free trial ran out and we can't afford to buy one yet. Here they are, nonetheless.











xoxo
-s

3 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

about the yearly book thing...
i'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or even talking about, but there's a website that takes all your blog entries and puts them in hard cover book. You could just make a blog all about the boys and then publish it after each year or something? that website does all the work for you. i'll find out what it's called, cause i want to do it, too.

btw, you don't need editing software. your pics are fabulous, and your camera has endless possibilities. : )

Caitlin said...

He is SO gosh darn cute!

Paige at The Minivan Voorsts said...

atticus has those same swim trunks! haha, we should get them together for some twinkie pool time.

also, i saw this great idea for documenting the little details through a week, just to remind yourself of the more "mundane" things that happen...you could do this once or twice a year.

http://www.aliedwards.com/2010/04/the-basics-of-documenting-a-week-in-your-life.html