Saturday, May 8, 2010

Get Ready...

....this is going to be a semi-long one! I would have done this sooner but one of my most least favorite side affects of pregnancy is loss of a memory that was in critical condition to begin with. In other words, I misplaced my cute pink flash drive that holds the treasure of all of our photos of everything on it. Where did I find it? might you ask. At the bottom of the camera bag after three days of searching the house for it. Lovely. And for the record, I had already checked the camera bag twice.

_______________________________________________________________

Last Saturday I was privileged to co-host my SIL a baby shower. It was so much fun. Windy, but fun. Brittney had picked an outdoor shelter in Pleasant Hill and the rest was up to me and another friend of hers, Kelli. There were tissue paper pom poms, lilacs, and delicious food. We had a great time!




On the menu: Antipasto Pasta Salad, Mini Italian Club Sandwiches, Cake (from Hy-Vee- by far the best cake ever, that I know of), and assorted beverages. Yum!

For Brittney, although sweet baby Sophia will get more use out of them, I did my very first diy project! Burp cloths. Love them.


I found the tutorial here. They were so easy to make. This was also my first experience with a sewing machine and thanks be to a good friend for showing me the basics of sewing. I'm so pleased with the way they turned out that I'm going to be making some for Baby Barton too!

As for my next DIY, see how I transform this lovely piece of furniture. I found this dresser on craigslist shortly after Jeff and I sold our bed frame and dresser we bought a couple years ago from IKEA. It's going to be for the boys' room once we get a room for them. :)


I've got the DIY and the nesting bug. Watch out.
________________________________________________________________

In pregnancy news, I've hit the 28th week. Woot! Seven months down, three to go. July will be here before we know it. So far Baby and I have gained 30lbs, and he's a lot more wiggly than I remember Roman being. Makes me wonder if he'll be more independent and not as laid back as Rome. Otherwise I'm feeling wonderful! Just anxiously awaiting his arrival.

I've begun reading this


 I really am looking for a different experience this time. I want a non-medicated delivery and have heard from several friends that the Bradley Method is by far superior, so I'm pumped. I still need to come up with a birth plan and several other accommodations, mostly Roman related, but we're getting there.

That's all my brain can come up with at this late normal hour. I'll leave you with some recent photos of splendid days past.






1 comment:

Dan and Katie Mourlam said...

I love your cute little family..... :)