Saturday, July 31, 2010

40 Weeks

Here we are. We have reached the 40 week mark as of today! I feel as though I've accomplished something big. I have a bad habit of not finishing tasks. For example, I'll read a book up until the last chapter or two and then decide I have something better to do, or I'll start a crafty project and never finish it. Even with Roman's pregnancy, I only made it to 38 weeks.

But this, oooh this. I've finished it!


Today is my due date, and while yesterday I was pretty sure I was in the early stages of labor, today I don't know what to think. I definitely feel very different than I did on Thursday, but I don't know how this spontaneous labor thing works. I'm having contractions; they're not painful like I remember with Roman, but they do wrap around to my back and after my stomach relaxes then I have some back pain. My tail bone is killing me at this very second, but that's my only complaint. I had my 40 week doctors visit yesterday and am dilated to 3 so that's better than nothing! Isn't 4cm considered 'active labor'? I remember what being at a 4 with Roman felt like and it's nothing like this. Praise the Lord for that!

Anyway.

We are anxiously awaiting Baby's arrival, hoping and praying it's not too much longer. I'm ready to get this show on the road and meet sweets and tell you all his name. :) Send your baby having vibes my way.

Have a great weekend!

-s

2 comments:

The Massons said...

Hey Sarah! I can't believe your due date is HERE! I think I felt more impatient with Sammy than Renae . . . maybe because my Mom was in Spain for just a week to help, and I needed to have him when she was there! Also . . . I kept buying into the fact that the 2nd always comes sooner. Lie. Try and relax and enjoy your family of 3!

Caitlin said...

I agree with Julie. Not to freak you out, but Ki was 2 days late and Ella was 2 weeks. But you have a good start! Anything ya get done now, you don't have to do later. So even if it's not active labor, every contraction helps. :)

Also, Ki is super confused about why we don't know his name and why it's a secret. Haha.