Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Roman

If I could stop time right now and keep you like this forever, I think I would seriously entertain the idea. You are the most amazing little creature and bring me so much joy. I can't believe you are a mere four months from being two years old, and to be honest, it breaks my heart just a little bit because it means you are getting older and leaving your baby ways behind and entering a new phase of your sweet little life. This is my absolute favorite part thus far in our journey together. You are a pretty stand up little man. 




I love the way you talk. You talk all the time, saying so many words and understanding so much more. A few of my favorite things you say are: 'mimi's hooouuuuuuse', 'oh-day' (a more recent form of okay), when asked what a turtle says you respond with 'dooooood', 'noooose on' is what you say when you want to watch the news with me in the morning. Dada loves it when you say 'mimi's hoooouuuuuse' the most, but some of his other favorites are: 'oh oh (for okay), and 'oh joose'. Everyone and anyone who comes into contact with you is immediately impressed at how well you communicate. We're always hearing, 'Wow, he talks so well!', and 'I can't believe how well he speaks!' We're very proud of you!



Tapping into your inner boy is a huge part of you these days. Throwing things, playing with cars, trains, and tractors, climbing on everything, wrestling with dad, playing with sticks, being outside, dancing, and punching your lion (it has water in the base and comes back up right away after you give it a one, two) are just a few things on your daily agenda. We play with Play-Doh and your favorite 'game' is connect four. I was so impressed by your hand-eye coordination the first time you played. You just figured it out right away! I'm also amazed at how mild tempered you are, just letting things roll off your back. It's pretty hard to say no to you. You have this way with your face and looking at me that makes me melt. I love how I'm such a sucker for you. Though you may be becoming more of a boy's boy, you are so very sweet. I still rock you to sleep at night, 'cause that's how we roll. You have the sweetest most tender heart and every time you wrap your arms tightly around my neck it feels like the world stops and it's just the two of us. 



You currently love scarfing down 'boo boo's' (blueberries) and marshmallows. Some of your other favorite foods happen to be pasta, bagels, almond milk, hot dogs, french fries, broccoli, and corn on the cob---which is the only suitable way of eating corn, if you ask me. 


You are going to become a big brother very soon, and though you may not fully understand what's about to happen I know you will be the best big brother out there. We went and got you a very special book about big brothers and we've already read it about 30 times upon your request. I cannot wait to see how you step into your new role. It's bittersweet for sure, but you're going to rock at it. 

You have carved out a whole in my heart that only you can fill. You, Roman, are my firstborn and that is a very special thing. We have this incredible bond that only you and I can have. Lucky us, 'cause it's dang amazing. 


love, 
your mama

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Aww, sweet! It (for the most part) keeps getting better and better! (But I adore baby-ness again.)