Wednesday, May 4, 2011

i made that {freezer paper stenciling}

Woo! Here is another series I'm starting. This will be a way for me to keep track of everything I've made, and get to share it with you all in the process! I hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoyed making it.

To kick things off, in March I began to search crafty blogs for some inspiration. I found several. Let me tell you. There are tons of talented people out there! I wanted to start off with something I surely couldn't screw up...

Enter: freezer paper stenciling and fabric dyeing. I found the tutorial for dyeing the fabric here, and followed this one for freezer paper stenciling. SO.FUN.
 I found this image on my brother-in-law's Facebook page. They had their third baby in December and named him Oliver. I thought it would be adorable on a onesie!
I didn't dye this shirt. A friend gave it to me. And I saw the idea for the image somewhere on this blog, I think. I laughed out loud when I saw it and new I needed to make it for Roman. Because though he cannot eat butter, he is smooth like buttah. :)

No comments: