Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good News

As I was rocking Roman to sleep tonight, I started to reflect on today and have come to the conclusion that it has been one of the most fantastic days I've had in a long time.

It all started yesterday when I randomly looked up waffle makers on Craigslist. Wednesday nights have had a reoccurring theme as 'breakfast for dinner.' I remember as a kid how much of a treat it was to get pancakes or waffles for dinner and don't see anything wrong with making it a regular in my home. It's a nice break from all the gourmet dinners I cook the rest of the week. Back to the topic at hand. I found one that was posted several weeks ago for ten bucks. Right then and there it pretty much had me if it was still available. I emailed the guy and he dropped the price to five dollars. Okay, seriously? I didn't even have to negotiate! This is what we got:

I went ant picked it up today and it's perfect! Only used one time, a Black and Decker, and retails for $24.99. I got a steal. It's hilarious, really, how smitten I am with our five dollar practically brand new waffle maker. Oh the things that you get all excited about when you get older and responsible. We used it tonight, though it's Thursday, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it! Works fantastic. 

The next thing I thought about was how much fun it is to take Roman to the High School for 'swim lessons'. It's more or less just swimming with him, but we both love it and I feel like we had a productive morning and I'm being a 'good mama'. Plus being eight months pregnant its nice to be more buoyant and not feel the 35 or so pounds I've put on. And Roman is just exhausted afterwards! Thirty minutes in the water and he's about passed out on the three minute drive home. Needless to say he's been taking extra long naps which is fine by me. We have four more classes next week and then we're done. It's been a good time. I would have pictures of it but that would be tricky to be the one behind the camera and in the water at the same time. 







My mind then trailed off to when Roman went down for his nap this afternoon. I chatted it up with a great friend I haven't talked to in a while and an hour and twenty three minutes of talking cloth diapers amongst other baby and random things, I find out she's expecting their first! GAH! So dang excited. I can't say who it is because they haven't even told their parents yet. I am so excited for them to experience parenthood. It's just by far the greatest thing ever. And then I started to think about how many people I know (closely) who are expecting. Seven. Eight if I throw myself in there. SHEESH! Something's in the water!

Not even a couple hours after that my best friend, Erika, who lives in Texas and I haven't seen since Roman and I went last August, texts me saying she and her daughter get to come to town next week! Originally they weren't coming until mid-August. My heart is all a flutter just thinking about it.

After I place my peacefully slumbering baby in his bed I walk out of the hallway and Jeff tells me another friend of ours is expecting a baby! Make that number of expecting mamas nine. Plus my sister in law is a week overdue, so shortly (next week at most) we'll be welcoming Baby Girl Bohn into our love nest. I cannot wait to meet my her!

at the library, killing some time while Jeff's working.

I am just smitten with today. All good things happened. The Lord blessed us today, for whatever reason, but He is to get the glory for it. So thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful day learning of new life you've been creating and good friends you're bringing together. Oh, and for my new waffle maker. 

-sarah

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Mmm, I love that kind of waffle! Roman's SO cute! Such a big guy. Glad you had a great day!