Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Does it get any better than this?



I don't think so. :)

I bought this huge pool last week at Target on sale. I figure it will come in handy on the days we don't really want to go to the pool, but we want to be in a pool. Plus, bonus, we plan on having many pool party play dates. I busted it out yesterday afternoon and it took for.e.ver to inflate. It was after two pm when I put some hose water in it. I knew it would be freezing so I tried adding hot tap water. Fyi, that didn't do anything. Jeff put Roman in it and after gasping for breath because it was so cold, we were good to go. I don't know what it is, but the kid played in it like it was a warm bath. Until he fell face first in it. Oops. Good thing Jeffrey was in it with him. But can you see he's not sitting down all the way like my little is?


It was such cold water that Jeff needed to sit on Roman's lawn chair. ;) Love that man. Needless to say, we decided against hypothermia and only spent maybe 20 minutes in the water, but we are excited to start getting some good use out of it!

Before our fun afternoon 20 minutes in the pool, Roman and I had a busy morning. We headed down to Ankeny in hopes of finding a modest as possible two piece swim suit to accommodate Sweets growing in my belly. Super Target typically has far better selection than the one here in town so I was sure I was going to find one. I was wrong and disappointed. Kohl's failed, too. As did TJ Maxx. I even tried Younkers here in Ames but I guess if you don't get your suit in March, too bad for you. The one thing I did find was fabric for my homemade cloth wipes. More on those later. 

This boy has my heart.

When we got back to Ames I tried our Target again. My problem is finding the size I need. I found one I thought would be modest enough, tried it on in the store at home and failed yet again! A return trip is in order, and I think I'm beginning to know the employees on a first name basis. 

So, does anyone know where I can find a cute retro-y (I'm really liking the bandeau tops, but might have to settle for a halter top) two piece? And really, I just need the top. 

In other short news, last Saturday I went to Des Moines for a little girl time with my sister-in-law (who is due with their baby today, I might add) and my sweet friend CaitlinWe pretty much just shopped for the littles, but it was a good refreshing time. Plus I got Roman a pair of super duper cute underwear from Gymboree. 

Loving the fat roll

Oh, and hey, I'm 33 weeks pregnant! I cannot believe (and some days can) that we only have 6-ish weeks until our tiniest little makes his debut! We are excited and somewhat anxious about the unknown of have two babes under two. It will surely be an adjustment, but a welcomed one at that. There is still so much to do/get ready before he comes. I bought a cradle at Duck Worth Wearing and Jeff painted it white. Now all it needs is some bedding and a baby to go in it and we'll be set. I figure it will serve well as a crib of sorts for the first few months, since an actual crib would take up too much space for our current living conditions. I'm really excited about the it! Other things on my list are: this double stroller, and some summery little outfits and I think we'll be able to get buy with what we have, although, I could spend a few endless dollars on Etsy. They have, hands down, the most adorable stuff for babies. It's ridiculous. 

Okay, time to go. Sweet Roman had too long of a morning and decided to wake up early from his nap cranky. 

xoxo
-s

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

That underwear picture is so funny! I love that fat roll too. I have a maternity suit you can borrow. It's a tankini halter - hot pink, magenta, and orange, if I remember right. I'll have to grab it from my room and see what size it is. (E's sleeping in there right now though. :) I've only worn it a handful of times.