Tuesday, January 24, 2012

being present

Yesterday began {for Roman} at five something a.m.  Seriously. That's just disgusting to me.  I made him hang out until a little closer to seven. When I rolled out of bed I was worried that, like most other mornings, this was just another Monday morning to be angry at, only this one would be worse because it started far to early by my standards.

God had other plans.

I was updating myself from what I missed online during the overnight hours while the boys ate breakfast and ran across a friends blog post. Conviction. I so desire a comfortable life. Who doesn't.  Perspective set in and God was eager to extend it. In response, We're going to change things around here. Shake up our 'routine' a little.  The boys are going to start sponsoring a boy from Africa and I am so excited to help them find ways to earn money to do it!  I desire for them to have a heart for others- especially those who we are called to care the most for. Orphans and Widows. However, in order for them to care, I need to care. Lead by example, right?

So I am thankful to God, from whom all blessings come, for the motivation and energy He's gave me yesterday. And He gave me extra patience, to boot.

All that said. We have had a really great day.  In few words, here's what we're enjoying.

post bath curls.


breakfast in the castle.


body art.


his new-found love of drawing.
 {a spider}


new uses for old things.

pants that are too small.


peek-a-boo.
BOW!!, he says. so cute.


And it's only Tuesday.

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

love you and your heart and your sweet sweet boys. what organization are you sponsoring through?

Sarah said...

The organization is Children's Hope Chest. Some friends of ours has teamed up with them to take care of the Orphans of Teso- Bukedea and Ogoloi. :)