Saturday, January 28, 2012

snow play

If you are anything like me, {ahem, immature}, you probably did a double take on the post title.  After I wrote it out my first thought was not snow. Just sayin'. Hey, it's Friday.

Now to more of the family friendly stuff.

Earlier this week it was warm enough for me to get the boys up in their snow gear. Seriously. What an effort it takes to dress two little people in sixteen different layers to play in the snow for thirty minutes. As soon as I got Roman outfitted I sent him on his merry way. To say he was excited is an understatement. He ran out into the snow, dropped to the ground and made a snow angel right then and there. How did he know how to make one of those? NO CLUE!  Because I surely didn't teach him.
We also have this snow mound from where Jeff shoveled the snow from our driveway. Big Brother just climbed right on up it, no inhibitions...which is kind of saying something for him. It was so fun to see him purely enjoying himself as a three year old. 
Viggo, however, preferred the sidewalk. Each time I'd encourage him to go play with Roman his face turned all disgusted and he whined 'uh uh'.  I'd pick him up and walk in the snow, try to set him down and he would start crying-ish and lift his arms up for me to rescue him out of the sea of white fluff.
 this is about as far in as I could get him
mmm, rosy cheeks.
Toward the end of our fun, I encouraged Roman to eat some snow, making sure to emphasize only eating the white snow.  You should have seen the look in his eyes when I said that  He could hardly believe it. He was so wanting to share this new excitement and delicious fun with Little Brother, but that wasn't going to happen. Probably next year. 
I'm actually a little excited for the next snowfall with decent accumulation.  It's fun to be a kid with my kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post Emilie! It's fun watching the little guys enjoy the Iowa winter, or at least Roman. Thanks for keeping in up to date with my Grandsons! Lover you guys, Dad

Christy said...

Kipper makes snow angels. ;) I bet he learned it from him.